10 Reasons why you should shop PennyWise, our very own thrift store!

Our PennyWise Thrift stores have many benefits that you may have never considered. In honor of #nationalthriftstoreday, here are 10 of those benefits:

 

1.      Your Purchases Go to A Good Cause.

By shopping PennyWise you help us bring healing and hope to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. We provide emergency clothing, furniture and household items to our clients, in addition to selling items in our stores. The funds raised provide much needed services for our clients.

 

2.      Save Yourself Some Money.

You don’t have to wait for a sale to find a bargain at PennyWise. Working on a budget? PennyWise is the place to be. That being said, you can also find a good sale here as well. WOW Wednesdays gives you a 50% discount on all clothing every Wednesday. You can also participate in our customer rewards program.

 

 

 

 

 

 

3.      Great Selection.

Since we are always receiving donations we are able to provide you with a great selection of items from week to week.

4.      Genuine Vintage Items.

 Looking for the Real Deal, not a Knock-Off? Those vintage styles are always coming in and out of style, 50’s, 60’s or even the 80’s you can find a little bit of everything here!

 

5.      Great Selection of Jewelry.

If you love jewelry, or if you’re looking for that last little piece to finish off that outfit, you can find it at PennyWise!

6.     DIY Heaven.

We are a DIY Heaven. Looking for a Do It Yourself Project on a budget? Just come in, take a little time, shop around and you will find something to DIY.

 

 

7.      Hard to Find Items.

You never know what you are going to find. Looking for that out-of-print book or that one item that they just don’t make anymore? Your best chance to find it is right here.

 

8.      Help Save the Environment.

Buying second hand clothes and other items keeps them out of the landfills and helps the environment. Americans send 10.5 million tons of clothing to landfills every year. PennyWise uses 90% of all donations. You can give them a second home! The rest of the 10%, we recycle for you!

 

9.      Teach The Kids Good Spending Habits.

 It’s never too early to teach your children about saving money. Teach them at a young age and they will remember it for life.

 

10.      Furnish That First Apartment or College Dorm On a Budget.

We’ve all been there. You get your first apartment but you don’t have quite enough money to furnish it. You can find some great bargains at PennyWise. We have couches, bed frames, mirrors or lamps. We have them all!

So, the next time you need to make a shopping trip on a budget, come check out our PennyWise Stores and thrift shop ‘til you drop!